A Special Guardianship Order appoints one or more individuals to become a child’s ‘special guardian’. It is intended for those children who cannot live with their birth parents and who require security.
The following people can apply for a Special Guardianship Order:
– Any guardian of the child
– Any individual who has a residence order
– Any person with whom the child has lived for at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
– Anyone with consent from the Local Authority if the child is in care
– A Local Authority foster parent with whom the child has lived for at least 1 year
proceedings the application
To consider your options in full, our specialist team are can help guide you through this process and provide you with the best options. We offer a 30-minute free consultation at any of our four branches in Liverpool, Warrington, Runcorn or Leigh.