When we all look in the mirror there is always something everyone would like to change if they could. Now cosmetic surgery is more readily available and is becoming more and more popular for people who want to make those changes to their appearance.
Although the majority of people who undergo cosmetic surgery are happy with the outcome, negligence can occur when patients undergo such procedures. When negligence occurs when undergoing cosmetic surgery the consequences can be devastating.
After undergoing a procedure which was meant to improve confidence and improve the quality of life, patients can find that due to negligent treatment they are in constant pain, suffering from disfigurement and psychological distress.
With any surgical procedure, there are inherent risks such as scarring and infections of the wounds and patients may not be satisfied with the result this does not necessarily mean negligence has occurred. However, you may be entitled to claim compensation after undergoing cosmetic surgery if:
- There was a failure to provide sufficient information about the risks of the procedure
- The procedure was not performed to the appropriate standard
- A defective product was used
- There was a failure to provide adequate aftercare
Common types of compensation claims include:
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Breast enlargement
- Breast reduction
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Brow lifts
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Tummy tucks or gastric band surgery
- Other complications of surgery, such as damage to nerves, arteries and organs.
If you are concerned about cosmetic surgery that you have received contact Mark Reynolds Solicitors today for a free no obligation chat with a member of our clinical negligence team. 0800 002 9577