Settlement / Termination Agreements

If the employer and employee mutually agree that the employee will leave with a severance payment, it is likely that the employee will be required to sign a formal document known as a Settlement Agreement (formerly called a Compromise Agreement). This can come about if you accept voluntary redundancy or an exit package. If you have been offered a compromise agreement by your employer, you will need to seek legal advice to ensure you are getting the most from the agreement and that you fully understand the terms of the agreement.We will carefully advise you to ensure that you are getting the best of any deal offered to you. Generally, an employer will contribute to the cost of obtaining this advice.