The death of a loved one is an extremely distressing time. We understand that this makes the process of dealing with the administration of their estate even more daunting.
The process is often time-consuming, in many instances, taking over 12 months to complete. This is why it is often best to seek professional help. Mark Reynolds Solicitors has experienced estate administration solicitors in Warrington who can deal with the full process for you. We aim to make the whole processes as stress-free as possible. Feel free to quickly contact us for a no obligation chat either using the contact form opposite or calling us on 01925 418 004.
How Estate Administration Works
When administering an estate, you must collect assets, pay off debts and taxes and distribute the estate in accordance with the will or the laws of intestacy.
The first thing you need to do is find the will of the deceased. There are different rules depending on whether or not a will has been left. If you cannot find a will, you can carry out a search with an agency such as The National Will Register.
A quick breakdown of some of the steps required are:
- Gather up to date details of the deceased’s assets.
- Obtain details of the deceased’s liabilities.
- Determine whether a Grant of Representation is required estate
- If a Grant of Representation is required, you will need to apply to the Probate Registry.
- On receipt of the Grant of Representation, collect in the deceased’s assets and discharge any liabilities.
- Place statutory advertisements in the London Gazette and a local newspaper.
- Finalise the deceased’s income tax affairs.
- Prepare final estate accounts.
- Make distributions to all beneficiaries.
For a more guide on the process of estate administration, read our quick guide.
How Mark Reynolds Solicitors Can Help
We offer clear and up-front pricing which can be found here.